ART SAN DIEGO 2011 featured numerous “Conversations” during the Fair giving both novice and experienced collectors first-hand information on aspects of art collecting and direct encounters with numerous artists and leaders in the art world. In addition, last year we featured a “Collector Resource Desk” available throughout the weekend staffed with experts to offer advice, tours and collecting tips.
Discussion Panels @ ART SAN DIEGO 2011
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel, Indigo Room 204A
PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES FOR COLLECTORS
2:00 – 3:00 pm
This panel discussion covered Professional Resources for the Serious Art Collector, including: art advisory services, conservation of artwork, state of the art storage for valuable art collections, viewing, and shipping of art works. Topics included: insurance needs and appraisals for estates, for museum donations, insurance, and resale purposes. This discussion also covered museum quality issues for the serious art collector and provide valuable insights and hard-earned advice from experts in various art-related fields.
Moderator: Arthur Lipper
• James Merriman | Hub International Insurance Services
• Tim Dadik | Chubb Personal Insurance
• Elizabeth von Habsburg | Winston Art Group
• Wendell Eckholm | ArtWorks
REGIONAL ART SURVEY
4:00 – 5:30 pm
Taking the pulse of San Diego’s visual arts community, we’ll discuss the role local artists and institutions play within the region as well as the broader, national scene. What are the strengths of the local arts community, and what’s missing that would make it more vital? How will San Diego participate in Pacific Standard Time, the sprawling, Getty-sponsored program of exhibitions and events launching in the fall?
Moderator: Leah Ollman
• Marcela Quiroz | Curator Director, ART SAN DIEGO Contemporary Art Fair
• Dr. Hugh M. Davies | The David C. Copley Director and CEO, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
• Marcia Reed | Head, Collection Development & Exhibitions, Getty Research Institute
• Eleanor Antin | Artist
• Ruben Ortiz Torres | Artist